Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Meet the Original Cast of Valentino

While the New Works Festival cast of Valentino is busy memorizing their lines for their first performance on Saturday, March 24, 8pm, I thought I'd go ahead and make the introductions:
VALENTINO – Lou Steele
LEONARDO DA VINCI – Andrew Fish Booth
MICHELOTTO – Chriss Nicholas
VITELLOZZO VITELLI – Scott Hamby
RAMIRO DE LORQUA– Richard McNally
CARDINAL ORSINI – Paul Strickland
FRANCESCO ORSINI – Renato Biribin
PAOLO ORSINI – Nick Huff
SOLDIERS – Andrea Plaud and Sarah Oh
I'm very excited to have such a talented group of actors speaking my words on stage for the first time.

Break a leg, everyone!

4 comments:

Desiree M. Doyle said...

Valentino... oh how I wait for the day when I can play the role. "Valentina" perhaps?

Or maybe just good ol' fashioned "Femme Fatale" ?

Yeah. You have some writing to do David...

:p

Anonymous said...

hey david, i dont know if you read the LA Times this morning, but there's an entire article written about the life and history of the Borgia family. They even include the picture that's on the cover of your book. Anyway, the timing perfectly complements the opening of Valentino and sets up a nice exposition. I cut out the article to give to you, in case you didn't already see it.

David Wisehart said...

Desiree:

As you know, the only female in my play is Lucrezia, and she won't appear in the New Works Festival scenes.

However, you did a fine job reading the Ramiro part during the Winter Session.

The good news is that I'm writing a new verse play. This time, I'm including a few more female roles.

- David

David Wisehart said...

Jenn:

Thanks for the tip about the L.A. Times article. Great catch!

- David